IPI World Congress 2013: "Documenting Change - Empowering Media"
The IPI World Congress 2013 and the 62nd General Assembly is being organised in cooperation with the Amman-based Center for Defending Freedom of Journalists (CDFJ), which will chair the local organising committee. The IPI World Congress (19-21 May) will also co-incide with the CDFJ's annual Media Freedom Defenders in the Arab World regional conference which will occur two days before the World Congress.
Titled "Documenting Change / Empowering Media", the two-day IPI World Congress will examine the many challenges, concerns and opportunities facing journalists in a rapidly changing world – not only in the Arab region, but around the globe.
Some of the topics to be discussed:
· Who is a Journalist?
· From Passion to Profession: How to Translate the Idealism of the Arab Spring into Professionalism
· Triangulating the Truth: How to Cover Syria & Who to Trust
· Gender Revolution: The Role of Women in Media
· Reporting on Religion - Respect vs. Press Freedom
· Digital Rights and Responsibilities in a Changing World
· The Leveson Inquiry & Its Legacy: A Retrospective